Saturday, August 3, 2013

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Work I Go...

Day 5.

So today is day five and I'm feeling pretty ok. I had enough energy for my 12 hour shift which was nice considering I really didn't sleep well last night. The one thing I had trouble with today was for my first day back at work and fasting on smoothie's was having to sit in the staff lounge while everyone ate a cooked meal. There was also Tim Horton's doughnuts and muffins available to those who wanted them. Of course, the time I'm fasting someone gets generous to splurge on doughnuts for all the staff today.

Whatever, I resisted it and stuck to my Neon Meanie drink I pre-made in the morning and took a jug of the stuff with me to work. People had questions, some smirked at it and one guy even had a glass with me and enjoyed it. I felt better not only for having my smoothie, but for being able to stick to my guns and find the will power to not let food have control over me, but me having control over it. I felt dominant. I realized today watching everyone enjoy the meal they had in front of them I wondered how often do we even consciously or subconsciously realize we just may be a slave to the food in front of us?

I thought it would be tougher than I experienced today while at work and not being able to eat solid foods. It wasn't that tough at all. I only work four on with four days off so that helps too.

Just a note, I was too be setting up a video blog. Though I haven't made any videos yet, it's not to say that I won't. Stay tuned for those to come yet. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment