Sunday, August 4, 2013

Focus, focus, focus...

Day 6.

Food is everywhere! I can't get away from it. This morning at work as I walked onto the unit (I work for a jail) fellow staff were watching some infomercial about a non stick pan that cooked up just about everything I would have eaten had I been able to jump right through the television screen. After the tenth minute of watching pork loin steaks covered with onion and apples and a sauce cooking, I was sad to leave the scene but forcefully, I did.

Today at lunch the food served by the facilities kitchen actually smelled good for a change and I...was...starving. So I poured my neon meanie drink and sat down on the couch while everyone else enjoyed solid cooked food. I cooly drank my lunch. Wondering just how bad would it be if I had one of those devilishly deceptive doughnuts from the Tim Horton's box? Or a fresh made muffin from the facility kitchen? Or just the brunch that was served?! I took another sip of my green drink. Looking at it wondering...? Am I really enjoying this?

By the time I finished the drink and got up, washed out the cup and returned it to my locker I realized how glad I was that I stayed the course. This is no easy task lol. Come on, you try not eating solid food, cooked, at that, for six days and put yourself around food. Yup, that's what I thought. Not to say you can't or couldn't. But could you? Challenge yourself and you'll see something you may not have seen before. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment