Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I Have To Drink What?!

Day 1.

I fill the Vita-Mix with 3 cups of water. I add a bale of fresh kale. Handfuls of fresh spinach. A whole cucumber. I turn the juicer on and listen to the sound of my vegetable drink being blended at 240 mph. I slow the speed down long enough to open the top and toss in fresh pineapple, an apple and strawberries and add 4 celery sticks. The smell is that of freshly cut grass with a hint of banana as it is the last bit of fruit going into the Vita-Mix juicer. I stop the juicer and there sits an entire jug of blended vegetable and fruit mixed together to form this green sludge that apparently hampers powers in which Popeye himself attested to in years of cartoons.



This is juicing (smoothie-ing). And this is my experience.

Day 1 was yesterday, July 30th 2013. I've decided that in order to drop about 70lbs of weight I will try doing it through juicing. Though not new, juicing for me is. The people I've seen loose weight to this act is incomprehensible. Imagine, being able to loose 80lbs in 60 days simply by drinking your vegetables & fruits. Is this a miracle breakthrough. Not at all. It's science. From a nutritional standpoint anyway. Like the apes do, I will too. Berries, leaves (I'll pass on the bark thank you very much) and water. I will incorporate this kind of eating into my daily life and see what benefits I get out of this.

Will I become healthier or sick? Will I look younger as I once did 20 years ago or will I look horrible, as if I am in some sort of need of a sandwich or doughnut? Will I ultimately lose weight? More so will I loose the weight I have set as a goal to lose?  We'll find out soon enough. All tracked through a blog in which I will update everyday to give you a firsthand look at the changes, struggles (and headaches) I will be experiencing.

Yesterday I experienced a bad headache. Not sure if it was from the sudden change in eating, or the lack of caffeine. I suppose from the lack of coffee I was now quitting. Popped a couple of Motrin to help ease the pain. I was already hungry as it was and now to have a headache to boot was not going over for me. But I was doing it...I was really now juicing! How worth it is this process going to be I wondered? So day one was tough as nails. Hoping day two goes better is anyone's guess.

No more solid foods. No alcohol. No caffeine. I must drink only raw fruits & vegetables. For the next 60 days. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment